Are you ready to move to the floor?
Once you are comfortable at Stage 4 for 1 minute on the 1st step of stairs, only then should you consider moving to the ground. Be patient with these and take lots of breaks. It’s easy to do them incorrectly if you don’t focus on technique.
How to do your Floor Pushup:
Follow our video below for all the step by step instructions
Step by Step to a Stage 5 Pushup:
- Get into straight arm plank position on the ground – staight arms and toes
- Allow your hands to sit little wider than your shoulders.
- Keep your shoulders and upper body stable.
- Engage your core muscles (just think like your plank position)
- Your shoulders, hips and heels should be in a straight line
- Disperse equal pressure through your fingers to avoid wrist pressure
- Keeping your core strong, bend your elbows to bring your chest towards the ground
- Breathe out as you straighten out the elbows
- Keep the back of your neck long and be careful you dont stick chin out
- Pay particular attention to your core as you can easily overwork your arms and neck
- Keep your gaze focussed in the direction you are moving – nice long neck!
- Repeat for as many times as you can for 1 minute
If that sounds too complicated : (Our 50 second video makes these instructions a lot easier to follow)
We suggest you practice this Stage 5 for at least 5 days before trying any modifications to this full pushup.
Get all the daily support, tips, videos and feedback on our Monthly Challenge page.
You can go back and look over The other stages of Pushup at any time.
Best of luck.
Make sure you have your doctors approval to start any new exercise routine. If you feel any pain when doing the exercise, please stop immediately. Correct form is important, so be sure to follow the tips and hints.
Before embarking on this or any other exercise programme you should consult with your doctor. By participating in the programme you acknowledge that ForgetTheGym or their agents cannot be held liable for any injuries or other problems that may occur as a result.