I have tried my best to put all in my head into 10 quick points below. Here goes:
- Thank you: To everyone who has spent early spring days with us, well done. From dark March evenings to fabulous sunsets in April we truly have seen the seasons change. A huge thanks to our coaching team too!
- Beginners : A huge congratulations to our beginners (both Dublin based and virtual gang) who have completed our 7 week programme and now are running 30 minutes! You guys are officially runners now, what an achievement.
- What happens now : We are taking a break for this first week of May. In fact, we are taking a group of runners to our Runners Retreat in the south of France! Booked 3 years ago, we wondered if it would ever happen post covid and here it is!
- New Term : We are back on the beach (Clontarf and Sandymount) on May 8th for a brand new 7 weeks of classes which will bring us right up to July. We have a new format for FunRun Class (bring a mat!) and a new timetable too. Book early.
- Pop up Events : If classes don’t suit your schedule, consider joining us on some of our upcoming events : We have Donabate, Phoenix Park, Marlay parkrun and another trip to the Dublin mountains. See list of popup events.
- 6 months to Dublin Marathon : Our coaching programme starts in late June but anyone who signs up before 20th May gets a free place on my Feel Better Running Technique workshop at the end of May. More about marathon coaching.
- A Clontarf Goal : We are heading to the Clontarf Half Marathon and 5 Mile race on 2nd July and I have created 2 training plans for you ready to go which kick off this week – 9 weeks to race day. Download the 5 mile or Half Marathon plans here.
- Glamping in West Cork : So excited to be heading to Bere Island (twice) this summer for our west cork running retreats. A few places left for July and waiting list only for August. So be sure to get in quick : Bere Island Running Retreats
- Beaujolais in Nov : Our trip to Beaujolais in November is sold out and Ill be in touch with everyone coming later in May. If you want to get on waiting list, drop me a line.
- Ukraine donations : Thank you so much to everyone who has supported out initiative to raise funds by selling our running gear. So far €780 has been raised and there are still some items left. You can see the list here and get in touch if you would like one.
So that’s our 10 things for today!
PS: Behind the scenes : Also, as we emerge from 2 years of virtual coaching, we are going to take a new virtual direction with our virtual coaching. Finally, you can listen back to my interview on Radio 1 Brendan O’ Connor show and as always my book, Get Running, is available in all good book shops!
Here’s to a wonderful May and June. As always put yourself at the end of June and imagine looking back at what you have achieved. That will help guide you in finding the right goal for you!