Take a look at what’s coming…..
- Classes : Our new term starts on 27th January with classes for ladies of all running levels. See Timetable.
- Workshops : We have one Chi Running Workshop scheduled every month for 2020. See Schedule.
- Half Marathon : If you are thinking of taking on your first half marathon, come to our Half Marathon Workshop.
- Run/Yoga daytrips : We have 3 of our yoga/run getaway days in 2020 letting you escape for a day.
- South of France Holiday : We are very excited, but disappointed to tell you that this French Holiday sold out in 45 minutes. But we do have another holiday opening for booking soon…see below.
- West Cork Running Getaway : If you are thinking of the summer already, we are going back to Beara after an amazing trip last year. Fancy joining us on our west cork getaway?
- Mary’s Get Running Book : If you can’t meet us in person, get your hands on Get Running.
- Marathon Coaching : For anyone with a golden ticket for Dublin Marathon, or indeed any autumn marathon, our marathon programme kicks off in June and we have workshop dates and new venue up online now.
- The Irish Times : Mary’s FREE Irish Times Get Running coaching programmes will relaunch in January 2020, so no excuse as there are video based online programmes for beginners, improvers and those looking to move to 10k. Mary will also continue to write fortnightly in The Irish Times.
- Beaujolais Marathon : We will, of course, be returning to France in November for our annual adventure to the Marathon du Beaujolais.
- Pop-up Classes : We will keep adding little extras as the year goes on with fun events like our indoor track pop-up classes, our seasonal Christmas and Halloween themed runs and of course some scenic pop-up leisurely funrun that might just happen to finish close to somewhere with the smell of coffee. We will start the year with a pop-up run on Sunday 5th January in Dublin Docklands.. so save the date! All details of these popups will be in our private facebook group.
- Talks and private events : Already some running clubs have booked Mary to lead ChiRunning workshops at their club in the Spring. You might also see Mary talking about the Get Running book in Libraries (and other places) in the new year. More dates on this later.
So, we will be busy.. but lucky for us, none of it really feels like work.
Newsletter : We will have an ‘end of year’ photo highlights reel and newsletter coming soon with all our memories of 2019.
Thank you : We are so grateful to you all for all the memories. Thank you all for helping us develop ForgetTheGym into a community of supportive, smiling and sociable runners. Roll on 2020. Speaking of community, we raised €640 for Inner City Helping Homeless Dublin (ICHH) at our recent Christmas Lights runs and we raised €1000 from the sale of our running gear. You guys are amazing.
Enjoy the holidays and we hope to see you all in the new year.
Mary and Aoife xx