It’s time to start thinking about your Autumn of running.
Here are 5 Simple Steps to help you get moving.
You know how quickly the weeks go by, so now is the time to plan what you want to do this autumn, and then decide how to get there.
Step 1: Decide what you are going to aim for :
If you dont have a goal, then how do you know what you should be doing?
Here are some ideas for a running events this Autumn
- Every Weekend : Parkruns every Saturday – (10 locations in/near dublin)
- 23rd August : Frank Duffy 10 mile – Pheonix Park
- 24th August : Jog for Jockeys 5k and 1ok – Curragh Race Course
- 24th August : Ashbourne 6k and 10k – C0 Meath
- 24th August : Celbridge 5k – Kildare
- 30th August : Great Pink Run – 5k and 10k – Pheonix Park
- 6th Sept : The Lakes 10k Blessington
- 6th Sept : Dingle Half Marathon – Kerry
- 10th Sept : Portmarnock AC 10k – Dublin
- 13th Sept : Kill GAA 10k, Kildare
- 19th Sept : Run with Ray 5k, Dublin (More dates nationwide)
- 20tth Sept : Dublin Half Marathon – Pheonix Park
- 20th Sept : Donadea Forest 5k Funrun – Kildare
- 21st Sept : Laois 10k Mini Marathon – Laois
- 28th Sept : Rathfarnham 5k – Dublin
- 28th Sept : Tipp Mini Marathon – Tipperary
- 28th Sept : Naas 10k – Kildare
- 7th Oct : Dublin Nightrun Parkwest 5k and 10k
- 11th Oct : Donadea 10k , Kildare
- 27th Oct : The big one, Dublin Marathon (Bank Hol Monday)
- There are lots more running evennts – check out RunIreland.com for a full list
Join us on our running holidays this Autumn
A goal doesn’t have to be a race, there are lots of other options
- Aim to run 3 times per week
- Improve Running Technique – Take time to learn to run efficiently
- Have Fun with running – travel somewhere new to run
- Join a club or group to make running more fun
- Escape the threadmill and run outdoors while the weather good
Step 2 : Work out what you need to do to get there ?
You need a plan that fits in with your lifestyle and summer schedule if you are going to get to your goal. Otherwise, the time will just disappear. Get your training plan for the summer on 1 sheet of paper so you can visualise whats ahead for you. Be sure to pick a goal that is reasonable for you but also challenging enough to keep you motivated to train. Everyone who comes to our classes will get a training plan to help them get to their goal.
If you are not in our classes, and need help with planning and goal setting, schedule a private session with Mary
Step 3 : Get Started
Decide how you will train – alone, with a friend or with a group. Make the commitment to get out the door, even on the nights when you dont feel like it. The hardest step is to get started. Go for it -if not now, when !
Step 4 : Keep Motivated and on Track
If you struggle to train alone, get yourself a running buddy to keep you on track. It has been widely proven that training with someone else will greatly increase your chances of getting out there, and achieving your goals. If you dont have a running buddy, let us be your buddy. Come along to our Autumn Running Classes in Docklands, Clontarf and Sandymount. Anyone training for longer runs can join our Facebook groups to arrange meetups with other students to have company on long runs. Be sure to keep track of your progress too. A training log is essential to keep yourself accountable. (Email if you wish us to send you a template for your training log).
Step 5 : Success and Celebration
Success will only happen if you make the time now to organise yourself for the months ahead. The more you put into your training, the more you will be able to enjoy the event and feel the achievement.
Need support along the way ?
Here is a full list of what we have on this Autumn to help you with your training
- Aug-Oct Running Classes
- Running Holiday to Cliffs of Moher (Aug)
- Oct-Dec Running Classes
- Running Holiday to Beaujolais, France (Nov)
- BeachFit : Strength and General Fitness Classes
- Running Technique Workshops
- Marathon Coaching Workshops
- First Time Marathon Training Programme
- Improvers Marathon Training Programme
- Running Technique Workshops
- Private Coaching Sessions (in Person or Online) with Mary
All the details are up on our website.
Whatever it is you are aiming for, make sure you train right for it and you will enjoy the day so much more.
If you have any questions about training for an event, please send an email.
Check out what our gang got up to this Summer 2014, plenty here to inspire you on our blog.
Best of luck with your running this Autumn…