No running in this event, instead a lovely leisurely sunday morning hike in the Dublin Mountains. Come join Mary and Aoife as we get up and out and get some fresh air, a great walk and chat and lovely stretches along the way.
Date – Sunday 12th June
Time – Meeting at 8.15 for departure at 830am.
Location – This months hike brings us to Kilmashogue
Distance – The route is approximately 10km (this should take approx 2.5hours-3hours walking time including some stops for snacks, stetches and photos!)
Is it for me? – This event is open to anyone who is already part of our ForgetTheGym community – anyone who has taken part in our classes, events or holidays in the past.
We will email you the day before the event to remind you of your booking. If you have to cancel close to the date, we will donate your €10 to our Ukraine fund.
Getting there – We will meet at car park at Kilmashogue Forest. Directions
What you need – from the bottom up
- Footwear – Trail runners or hiking boots – note this is not a run and we strongly advise against normal runners as there is very little grip in them and the terrain can be uneven. If you have wool socks wear them or double up with 2 pairs of ordinary socks
- Leggings with some waterproof trousers (if you have) over them is ideal or again double up on the leggings
- Top layers – this will depend on the person, if you have some merino baselayer these are a great place to start and layer up on top of that with rain coat as your top layer or folded in the bag.
- Hats and gloves are essential as we won’t be moving very fast so fingers can get quite cold at the top.
- Bag – your bag should contain the following items- try not to overload your bag as you will be carrying it the whole time and make sure it feels comfortable.
- Snacks – easy to eat while walking you can opt for convenience or homemade whatever you fancy – oat bars or flapjacks are great energy food. Some fruit fresh or dried and maybe a little treat too.
- Raincoat if you not wearing it
- Tea / coffee in a thermos if you want to bring something warm to drink at the top or the end.
Limited places – book your place here
Check out all our other upcoming events.