Are you ready for the next level ?
Take a look at our Counter/Table Pushup video which gives you all the tips for your Stage 2 PushUp. Let’s aim to do as many as you can in 1 minute. Take breaks whenever you need to.
This is a big change from Stage 1 so make a special effort to keep your form.
How to do a Stage 2 Pushup :
- Find a secure counter top, fixed table or bench at approximately waist height.
- Raise up your hands and place them on surface a little wider than your shoulders.
- Keep your shoulders and upper body stable.
- Pop up on your toes and engage your core muscles (like your plank position)
- Your shoulders, hips and heels should be in a straight line
- Make sure your hands are supported so you don’t slip forward – use your thumb
- Disperse equal pressure through your fingers to avoid wrist pressure
- Keeping your core strong, bend your elbows to bring your chest towards to the bench
- Breathe out as you straighten out the elbows
- Pay particular attention to your core as you can easily overwork your arms and neck
- Keep your gace focussed in the direction you are moving – nice long neck!
- Repeat for as many times as you can for 1 minute
If that sounds too complicated : (Our 50 second video makes these instructions a lot easier to follow)
How to progress:
We suggest you practice this for at least 5 days before moving on to the next level.
Get all the daily support, tips, videos and feedback on our Monthly Challenge page.
Best of luck.
Make sure you have your doctors approval to start any new exercise routine. If you feel any pain when doing the exercise, please stop immediately. Correct form is important, so be sure to follow the tips and hints.
Before embarking on this or any other exercise programme you should consult with your doctor. By participating in the programme you acknowledge that ForgetTheGym or their agents cannot be held liable for any injuries or other problems that may occur as a result.