It’s here. Due to popular demand, we have found a super location for our relaxed running weekend less than 2 hours from Dublin. Based in the picturesque village of Kinnitty in Co. Offaly, this running getaway with bring you to foothills of the Slieve Bloom Mountains with miles of parklands, castles and (a few) hills on our doorstep.
Mary from ForgetTheGym will host this dream weekend for recreational joggers/runners who wish to improve their running technique, avoid injury, get motivated and enjoy running more while getting a chance to explore rural Ireland.
Each day you will wake up after a peaceful sleep and look forward to a day that includes running coaching, scenic routes, great company, good food and workshops/talks on all things running.
2017 Dates : Friday 12th May (4pm-5pm)- Sunday 14th May (3pm)
Accommodation : We will be based out of the new and fabulous Glamping Accommodation in Kinnitty Village.
Venues we visit over weekend :
Coaching : Mary will integrate coaching informally to all the weekend events and sessions – Chi Running Technique, Mindful Running, Hill Training, Speed Training, Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition for Runners, Flexibility for Runners and more.
Getting There : Travelling by car is the only practical way to get to Kinnitty. We can look at car pooling if anyone interested.
Who is this weekend suitable for?
- Men/Women who can comfortable jog 5k (Between 25 mins and 40 mins).
- Men/Women who wish to avoid injury, enjoy running more and get motivated.
- Men/Women who wish to increase speed and/or distance sensibly.
- Men/Women who would like to learn more about the Chi Running Technique.
- Men/Women who fancy a getaway, fresh air and great company.
Whats Included in price:
- 2 Nights Accommodation Bed and Breakfast
- Expert Running Coaching all Weekend
- Packed Lunch Saturday and BBQ Dinner Saturday
- Local Minibus all weekend
- Entry to Birr Castle
Whats not included :
- Friday night dinner (Kinnitty Castle)
- Sunday lunch (Birr Castle)
- Shared Room : €259 : book now
- Private Room : €349 : SOLD OUT
Full Itinerary: This will be available closer to the time. Any questions in meantime, please ask.
Booking your place : We are limited with places, so please book asap.
Who will be coaching : Mary Jennings will coach the full weekend. Mary is a fully certified Chirunning Instructor and hosts running technique workshops and clinics throughout Ireland. Mary established ForgetTheGym in 2007, encouraging people to exercise outdoors, enjoy the fresh air and take up jogging. Since then, Mary has coached thousands of runners to achieve goals which once seemed impossible – from beginners right up to marathoners. She has a keen interest in lifelong running, injury prevention and is a seasoned marathon and ultramarathon runner herself, with over 40 marathons completed. Mary is the Irish Times Expert Running Coach for their Get Running Programme which has seen over 12,000 runners start running with Mary.